Alexandra Burke: 'I've given up men'

Alexandra Burke: 'I've given up men'

Postby dutchman » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:03 pm

Alexandra Burke has revealed that she has been celibate for a year.
In an interview for Fabulous, the 'Broken Heels' singer explained that she has put her sexual energy into her career instead.

The X Factor winner also denied rumours linking her to James Corden, Aston Merrygold and Peter Andre.

"I'm just not going there," she said. "No men, no way. James and Aston are mates and I love Pete - but not in that way. I've given up men totally. I've been celibate for a year because I know what I'm like. I'm the worst chooser of men. I always go for older ones because I just can't help myself."

Burke explained that she was left heartbroken after her two serious relationships, but admitted that she finds it difficult to stay single.

"It's hard because I love men," she said. "I'm a very sexy girl. I had to tone down my natural sexiness for The X Factor because I didn't want to look or act too hot and spoil everything because young kids and grandmas watch it.

"Since leaving the show I've released my inner sex bomb. I've put all that sexual energy into my career because I've got this one chance and I'm not blowing it on any guy. For now, I'm not looking, but when the right guy does come along, then God help him. I'll jump on him!"
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News