'A million Things' to love about Coventry reggae artist Shiloh's new song

'A million Things' to love about Coventry reggae artist Shiloh's new song

Postby dutchman » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:59 am

COVENTRY reggae stalwart Shiloh Clarke has bought together some of the biggest names of the to help him craft his powerful new single ‘A Million Things’, which will be released next Friday, September 23.

The new song has been co-written with Leigh Mailin and produced by grammy award winner Roger Lomas.

And according to Shiloh, Lomas’s magic has given his latest release the ‘most powerful of openings.’

‘A Million Things’ calls listeners to seize the moment and to those who understand that change begins today as tomorrow may never come.

Shiloh has delivered lead vocals on the track as well as playing the rhythm guitar.

And this single will also feature many legends of the 2-Tone movement, including Neol Davies from Selecter on lead guitar, the Specials Horace Panter on bass guitar and UB40’s Tony Mullings on Keyboards.

Shiloh said: “I am privileged to be in a position to work with these people.

“There have been many attempts to recreate that iconic Coventry sound and who better to work with than the pioneers that first created it?

“I learnt a lot working alongside these legends, sitting and watching their creative process was really amazing.”

“This new single is about what is happening now, I feel like people should start listening and be kinder to one another.

“As the lyrics say, ‘tomorrow is another day’, the meaning behind that is to focus on today and that line will mean something different to everyone.

“Coventry is renowned for noticing and commenting on current affairs and especially through its music, and it’s a privilege to be carrying that on.”

Shiloh is fresh off the success of his last single ‘Freedom Will Reign’ which has over 1.5 million streams or views on Spotify and YouTube.

That song is a plea for people to do something about climate change, and Shiloh said that despite tackling difficult topics in his music he puts a positive light on things.

“There are lots of things that are wrong with our earth, it is being destroyed and leaders should be focusing more on the planet.

“In my new song we reiterate what we were saying in the last single, need to start people to start listening, be kinder and focus on making a positive change now as without the world there is no human race.”

Shiloh is currently working on a new album with Roger Lomas as the producer.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News