Strictly Come Dancing host Claudia Winkleman announces new BBC role

Strictly Come Dancing host Claudia Winkleman announces new BBC role

Postby dutchman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:53 pm

"It’s a privilege and an honour"

Claudia Winkleman has landed herself a major new BBC presenting role: taking over Graham Norton's BBC Radio 2 show on Saturday mornings!

Radio 2 is the UK's most-listened to radio station, with Graham's show getting some big names as interview guests, so it's quite the big deal for Claudia.

The Strictly Come Dancing host said in a statement: "I’m not often speechless but the chance to be with the wonderful Radio 2 listeners every Saturday has left me, quite frankly, gobsmacked.

"I hope my voice comes back in time for the first show as I can no longer simply rely on a fake tan and a fringe. There’s nobody I’d rather be with at the weekend, it’s a privilege and an honour."

Claudia is no stranger to Radio 2, having hosted a few shows of her own there, as well as covering for station stalwarts like Ken Bruce and Steve Wright.

Although Graham Norton is stepping down from Radio 2, his chat show, Eurovision and RuPaul's Drag Race UK will keep him with the BBC for the foreseeable future.

He's also not leaving radio either, as he will host a new show on Saturdays and Sundays on Virgin Radio.

"The energy and enthusiasm at Virgin Radio are infectious and I can't wait to get started!" he said. "Did I mention the studios are very close to my house?"

Graham's last Radio 2 will be on Saturday, December 19, with Claudia starting in February.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News