LadBaby score second Official Christmas Number 1 with I Love Sausage Rolls

LadBaby score second Official Christmas Number 1 with I Love Sausage Rolls

Postby dutchman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:26 pm

"It's a Christmas miracle - again!"

LadBaby is officially on a (sausage) roll as he is crowned the UK’s Official Christmas Number 1 for a second year in a row and sets a new chart record, the Official Charts Company can confirm.

YouTuber and dad blogger Mark Hoyle, along with his wife Roxanne and their two sons, proves that lightning CAN strike twice, taking the coveted festive top spot today with I Love Sausage Rolls - a playful twist on Joan Jett’s I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll. Money raised from the single goes to foodbank charity The Trussell Trust, who support a network of food banks across the UK and provide emergency food and support to people locked in poverty.

According to Official Charts Company data, I Love Sausage Rolls smashes last year’s total too, scoring a huge 93,000 chart sales this week (18,000 more than last year’s winning track We Built This City) – and with 85,000 of that total coming via downloads, LadBaby not only claims the festive chart crown, but also the fastest-selling download of the year, in fact the fastest-selling download since June 2017’s Artists For Grenfell chart-topping charity single.

LadBaby beat Stormzy’s Own It ft. Ed Sheeran and Burna Boy to the Number 1 spot, holding at Number 2, while a strong challenge from Wham!’s Last Christmas sees the 35-year-old festive classic finish at Number 5. The track is the best seller of the week on vinyl, topping this Official Vinyl Singles Chart with just under 5,000 sales after being given a limited edition 7” release. Last Christmas originally peaked at Number 2, missing out on the Christmas Number 1 in 1984 to Band Aid.

Another Christmas essential, Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You, is at Number 8, marking its return to the Top 10 for a fourth consecutive year.

Over a third of this week’s Top 40 is made up of new and classic festive songs, including Pogues’ Fairytale of New York ft. Kirsty MacColl (14); Shakin’ Stevens’ Merry Christmas Everyone (16); Band Aid’s Do They Know It’s Christmas (17); Elton John’s Step Into Christmas (19); Michael Buble’s It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas (24); Leona Lewis’s One More Sleep (25);

Further down the Top 40, there’s Ariana Grande’s Santa Tell Me (28); Wizzard’s I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday (29); Slade’s Merry Xmas Everybody (31); Brenda Lee’s Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree (32); Kelly Clarkson’s Underneath The Tree (33); John Legend’s Happy Christmas (War Is Over) (34); and Sia’s Santa’s Coming For Us (36).

A last-minute challenge to get Jarvis Cocker’s political song Running The World into this year’s Official Christmas Chart narrowly misses out on the Top 40, landing at Number 48.

Meanwhile, Stormzy lands two new entries in the Top 40 from his new album Heavy Is The Head: Audacity ft. Headie One enters at Number 6, and Lessons lands at Number 9.

Harry Styles bags three Top 40 entries following the release of his new album Fine Line, led by Adore You at 12, Watermelon Sugar, up 29 places to 18, and Falling at 39.

Finally, Juice Wrld’s Lucid Dreams re-enters the Top 40 at 27 following his death last week.

View this week's Official Christmas Singles Chart Top 100 in full

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News