Take That fans 'split over Robbie return'

Take That fans 'split over Robbie return'

Postby dutchman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Take That fans are reportedly split over Robbie Williams's return to the group.
The singer's comeback after 15 years will apparently earn the band £75 million as they release a new album and embark on a tour.

However, the Daily Star reports that Take That and Williams's official websites have been flooded with messages asking them to rethink the reunion.

Fans of the group, who have scored a string of hits including 'Greatest Day' and 'Rule The World' since their return in 2006, are worried about the effect Williams's return may have.

"For me the reunion with TT sounds more like a comedy story," a fan under the name Sly wrote.

Another called Ziggy Shadow Dust said: "I love Robbie as a solo artist. Is this reunion going to cripple his solo career?"

Take That fan Julie Barlow wrote: "Think it’ll turn into the ‘Robbie Show’, don’t think it’s a good idea letting the massive ego back in", while Scooky1 agreed, adding: "I’m not happy about the reasons behind it.”

Williams has said that he was "embarrassingly excited" to rejoin the group.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Take That fans 'split over Robbie return'

Postby pollyanna » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:58 pm

I like Take That - and can't say I'm over-keen on the fact that Williams has returned to the group. I hope it doesn't become all about him - because they've got on just fine without him :evil:
pollyanna

Re: Take That fans 'split over Robbie return'

Postby dutchman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:26 pm

"You can have it all" Polly :D

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News