Coventry singer Vince Hill heads home for farewell charity concert

Coventry singer Vince Hill heads home for farewell charity concert

Postby dutchman » Wed May 29, 2019 6:12 pm

The local legend is finally retiring from the spotlight this year with a special farewell gig

A veteran Coventry crooner is returning to his home city for a special birthday charity gig.

Multi-million record selling Vince Hill will celebrate his 85th year with the one-off concert at the Belgrade Theatre on June 4.

Best known for his recording of Sound of Music hit Edelweiss in 1967, Vince has been in showbiz for 70 years.

Throughout his career the Holbrooks-born singer has recorded over 300 songs and has performed all over the world from the Royal Albert Hall to the Sydney Opera House.

He also hosted a number of popular television series during the 70s and 80s, including They Sold A Million and Musical Time Machine for the BBC, and ITV chat show Gas Street.

His farewell Belgrade gig will include stories and songs from his career.

Vince's performance fee and £1 from every ticket sold will be donated to the Belgrade Theatre Trust.

The singer said: “I am so excited to be performing my last big show at the Belgrade Theatre in my home city of Coventry.

"I rarely do concerts nowadays but simply couldn’t resist the opportunity to do a show that will benefit the wonderful charitable work that the Belgrade Theatre Trust does in the local community.

“Coventry gave me my big break when I started my showbiz career and my hope is the monies raised will help the next generation of local talent get started on their paths to stardom.

"Might I add I am immensely proud that Coventry is to be the UK City of Culture 2021.

"I can’t wait to get involved with those celebrations…. it’s a well deserved win.”

Midday Variety: Vince Hill and Friends shows at the Belgrade Theatre at 1.30pm on Tuesday 4 June. Tickets are available to book now by calling the box office on 024 7655 3055 or visiting http://www.belgrade.co.uk where prices are cheaper.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News