Lady Gaga claims UK number one single

Lady Gaga claims UK number one single

Postby dutchman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Lady Gaga has climbed up to number one with her single Bad Romance, displacing Peter Kay's Children In Need song.

The song, which the US star performed at The Royal Variety Show, is her third UK chart-topper this year.

Christmas favourites Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You broke into the top 20.

Susan Boyle notched up a third week on top of the album chart with her debut I Dreamed A Dream.

Lady Gaga currently has the best-selling album and single of the year so far, but the Official UK Charts Company says Scottish star Boyle could overtake her in the remaining weeks of 2009.

The release of X Factor winner Joe McElderry's new single could also threaten the US singer's position on top of the singles chart of the year, it added.

Rihanna with Russian Roulette, the Black Eyed Peas' Meet Me Halfway and Tik Tok by Kesha completed the week's top five songs.

There was only one new entry, from Chuckie and Lmfao with Let The Bass Kick In Miami Girl, at number nine.

No new entries made the album chart top 10, while Lady Gaga's reissued The Fame climbed up 10 places to two, followed by Michael Buble's Crazy Love.

Bad Romance actually flopped prior to the video version being released! :geek:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News