George Ezra returns to Number 1 for a third week with Shotgun

George Ezra returns to Number 1 for a third week with Shotgun

Postby dutchman » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:13 pm

Plus Benny Blanco, Halsey and Khalid propel into the Top 5

Persistence has paid off for George Ezra, who after four weeks of being stuck behind Drake, has returned to Number 1.

Originally a two-week chart-topper in early July, Shotgun is back at the top of the Official Singles Chart, pushing Drake's In My Feelings down to Number 2.

The most streamed and downloaded song of the week, Shotgun is one of only four songs in the last two years to go back to Number 1, including Ed Sheeran's Shape of You, Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee & Justin Bieber's Despacito, and the song that knocked Shotgun from the top, Baddiel, Skinner & The Lightning Seeds’ Three Lions.

Elsewhere in the Top 5, DJ Khaled, Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper and Quavo hold at Number 3 with No Brainer, and Eastside by Benny Blanco, Halsey and Khalid leaps eight spots to Number 4.

There's one more ascent in this week's Top 10 as Loud Luxury rise two to Number 6 with Body ft. Brando, a new peak.

Jax Jones' Ring Ring ft. Mabel and Rich the Kid hits a new high of 13 this week, one place ahead of Cheat Codes & Little Mix - Only You has recorded its best position to date at 14.

Big jumps are recorded for Dennis Lloyd's Nevermind (19), Martin Garrix & Khalid's Ocean (25), and B Young's 079ME (28), plus Nicki Minaj records two songs in this week's Top 40 from her newly-crowned Top 5 Queen album; Bed ft. Ariana Grande is this week's highest climber, up 15 to Number 23, plus Barbie Dreams bows at 36.

There's another new entry for David Guetta & Anne-Marie; Don't Leave Me Alone becomes David's 37th UK Top 40 single at Number 37.

Finally, ABBA's When I Kissed The Teacher becomes a Top 40 hit for the first time, sung by Lily James, Jessica Keenan Wynn, Alexa Davies and Celia Imrie. Taken from Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, the song is new at Number 40.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News