"Another top star announced for Godiva Festival"

"Another top star announced for Godiva Festival"

Postby dutchman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:09 pm

The Lightning Bolt songwriter will close the first day of the Godiva Festival in the War Memorial Park

Jake Bugg will headline the Godiva Festival's Friday night lineup, organisers have announced.

The Lightning Bolt songwriter will close the first day of the Godiva Festival in the War Memorial Park on Friday August 31.

His latest album Hearts That Strain was released in September 2017 and he recently recorded a song called Waiting with Noah Cyrus, sister of Miley.

Bugg said: "I’m looking forward to playing Godiva Festival with some of my favourite artists on the same bill."

Councillor Abdul Khan, Coventry Council's deputy leader and Cabinet member for events, said: “It’s exciting that we can announce our Friday headliner and two additional acts for this year’s Godiva as the build-up continues to our 20th anniversary. I know many people will already have the dates in their diaries and I’m sure this year’s event will be as popular as ever as we continue the build up to UK City of Culture 2021.”

Also confirmed for the festival are Rae Morris and Kyle Falconer.

Falconer was a founder member of The View, and the band signed their first record deal when he was just 18 years old. Their debut album Hats Off To The Buskers, with hit single Same Jeans, went straight to number one in January 2007 and was later nominated for a Mercury Prize.

Both Kyle and Rae will perform in Saturday’s Rhythm Tent on September 1.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News