Jess Glynne claims seventh Number 1 single with I'll Be There

Jess Glynne claims seventh Number 1 single with I'll Be There

Postby dutchman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:06 pm

Plus there are big climbers and new entries for Years & Years, Selena Gomez and Jorja Smith

Congratulations to Jess Glynne, whose latest single I’ll Be There claims the Number 1 spot on this week’s Official Singles Chart.

Jess edged out some seriously strong competition from Clean Bandit to score her seventh UK chart-topper, which extends her record for the most Number 1 singles by a British female artist.

Celebrating the news, Jess told OfficialCharts.com: "I’m speechless! all I can say is thank you to everyone who has supported the song. I find it incredibly insane that I hold a record for the most Number 1s for a British female. It’s insane to think I’ve achieved that so early in my career. It’s not just me on all those songs – I have to thank everybody I’ve collaborated with.”

The battle for this week’s Number 1 was incredibly close; Clean Bandit’s Solo ft. Demi Lovato finishes at Number 2 just 898 sales and streams behind Jess, climbing places from last week.

Elsewhere, George Ezra’s Shotgun rises from 8 to 4, and two songs enter the Top 10 for the first time: Leave A Light On by Scottish newcomer Tom Walker leaps eight places to Number 8, and Cardi B lifts four places to 9 with I Like It ft. Bad Bunny & J Balvin, earning the rapper her second UK Top 10.

Several singles make big gains on this week’s Top 40: Years & Years’ If You’re Over Me leaps seven spots to Number 12, Selena Gomez’s Back To You jumps ten places to 13, Maroon 5’s Girls Like You ft. Cardi B zooms 12 rungs to 16, and British rapper AJ Tracey claims his first Top 20 with Butterflies ft. Not3s, up five to 19.

Further down, Jonas Blue lands his fifth Top 40 hit with Rise ft. Jack & Jack, which vaults 16 places to 31, Jorja Smith’s Blue Light is this week’s highest new entry at 38, and US rapper Juice WRLD scores his first UK Top 40 hit with Lucid Dreams, up 14 to Number 39.

View this week's Top 100 Official Singles Chart in full

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News