Sia wins her highest-charting single as a lead artist in the UK

Sia wins her highest-charting single as a lead artist in the UK

Postby dutchman » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Bet Rihanna regrets passing on it now, eh?

Sia has a lot to celebrate this evening as she has just scored a new personal best on the UK Top 40.

The Aussie singer-songwriter climbs to two with 'Cheap Thrills' on this week's Official Chart, making it her highest placing as a lead artist.

Sia has reached number one in the UK before, but that was as a featured vocalist on David Guetta's 'Titanium' in 2012.

Meanwhile, Mike Posner logs a fourth week at number one with the Seeb remix of his single 'I Took a Pill in Ibiza'.

The American singer-songwriter takes the crown with 76,000 combined sales, which includes 4.1 million streams in the UK this week.

Fifth Harmony fall to three with 'Work from Home', Lukas Graham are at four with '7 Years' and Zara Larsson stays firm at five with 'Lush Life'.

Selena Gomez shoots up to 14 with latest single 'Hands to Myself', while Drake's surprise new single 'One Dance' is new at 21.

The Vamps begin at 30 with the single version of 'I Found a Girl' featuring OMI, while Kanye West's new single 'Famous' featuring Rihanna vaults up a massive 161 places to 33 after it was made available on Spotify and Apple Music last week.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News