Switch to full style
Write comments

KDA, Katy B and Tinie Tempah beat One Direction to No.1

Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:50 pm

One Direction have been pipped to the post by KDA, Katy B and Tinie Tempah for this week's number one.

The producer's track 'Turn The Music Louder (Rumble)' was 2,000 combined chart sales ahead of the group's latest single 'Perfect'.

"It feels great – as if I've been competing with One Direction. The success of this record has happened all by itself - I had no idea what was going to happen when we put it out," KDA told Official Charts.

"I always wanted a singer and rapper on this track; and it feels like it's become one of those songs that people are allowed to like - which is just amazing!"

Tinie Tempah can now celebrate his seventh number one while Katy B's involvement in the track means she's clinched her first chart-topping single.

Meanwhile, The Weeknd climbs two places to number three with 'The Hills' while Drake's 'Hotline Bling' is at four.

Justin Bieber's 'What Do You Mean?' loses its reigning position to settle for number five but enjoys another week as the most streamed track.

Elsewhere, Sleepy Tom's Diplo collaboration 'Be Right There' is the week's highest climber, leaping 83 places to eight.

X Factor winner Ben Haenow enters at 21 with his Kelly Clarkson duet 'Second Hand Heart' while Demi Lovato's 'Cool For The Summer' is at 39.

Next week will see Adele go head-to-head with Justin Bieber for number one.
Write comments