Rachel Platten hits No.1 with 'Fight Song'

Rachel Platten hits No.1 with 'Fight Song'

Postby dutchman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:17 pm

Rachel Platten's 'Fight Song' has hit number 1 on the Official Charts, climbing 67 places in one week.

It's the latest triumph for the track, which had already made the Top 10 in the US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Belgium.

It was a close call though, with the song finishing less than 3,000 combined chart sales ahead of number 2 - Felix Jaehn's 'Ain't Nobody (Loves Me Better)' ft. Jasmine Thompson.

Platten said: "I feel so excited and so proud that 'Fight Song' has hit number 1 on the Official Singles Chart, I can't really believe it.

"It's amazing to me that this song that I wrote when I was going through one of the hardest times in my life is also the thing that made my dreams come true. I'm just kind of overwhelmed and really grateful."

Jess Glynne's 'Don't Be So Hard On Yourself' drops two places to number 3 with Calvin Harris & Disciples' 'How Deep Is Your Love' at number 4.

Harris's track is also the most streamed for a third week running, with 2.44 million listens in the last week.

The biggest climber is Ella Eyre, with new single 'Good Times' moving a massive 143 places to reach 37.

Re-entries to the Top 40 include Rita Ora's 'Body On Me', moving up 13 places to 28, while Jess Glynne has a second single in the chart, with 'Hold My Hand' rising to 40.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News