Switch to full style
Write comments

Jess Glynne equals chart record with her fifth UK No.1

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:24 pm

It's congratulations to Jess Glynne, who has scored her fifth number one single in the UK and made chart history.

The British singer reached the top spot with her track 'Don't Be So Hard On Yourself' - which rose a huge 77 places - to match Cheryl Fernandez-Versini's chart record.

Glynne has now equalled Cheryl's record for most chart-toppers for a British solo female on the Official Singles Chart.

In the space of just 18 months, Glynne has reached number one with Clean Bandit collaboration 'Rather Be', Route 94 collaboration 'My Love', 'Hold My Hand', Tinie Tempah collaboration 'Not Letting Go' and now 'Don't Be So Hard On Yourself'.

She said: "I can't even begin to explain how awesome it feels to have 'Don't Be So Hard On Yourself' go to Number 1!

"The past few months have been one long, emotional journey so to come back to so much love and support is insanely amazing. I just want to say a massive THANK YOU. This is the best feeling ever!"

Elsewhere, Charlie Puth's 'Marvin Gaye' falls to 2, while Calvin Harris & Disciples' 'How Deep Is Your Love' is at 3.

The Weeknd's 'Can't Feel My Face' is at 4, while Martin Solveig's 'Intoxicated' rounds out the top five.

Meanwhile, Pia Mia's 'Do It Again' ft. Chris Brown rises 47 places up to 20 and Galantis's 'Peanut Butter Jelly' lands at 24.
Write comments