David Zowie beats Years & Years to number one

David Zowie beats Years & Years to number one

Postby dutchman » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:23 pm

David Zowie has beaten Years & Years to number one on the inaugural Friday singles chart.

The Kent DJ climbed 51 places with 'House Every Weekend', leaving Years & Years' 'Shine' to settle for this week's highest new entry at number two.

"It feels absolutely amazing. It's overwhelming and I'm thankful to everyone that's supported the track, all the DJs that have spun the track," Zowie told OfficialCharts.com.

"It's just an absolutely amazing moment, thank you. I'm just trying to suck it all in and enjoy the moment of being Number 1 on the first Friday chart."

Meanwhile Fifth Harmony are celebrating their first UK Top 10 with 'Worth It' landing at three after leaping 48 places.

Last week's number one Lost Frequencies' 'Are You With Me' drops three places to number four while Tinie Tempah's Jess Glynne collaboration 'Not Letting Go' completes the Top 5.

Birdy clinches her biggest UK single to date with 'Wings'. Rising 16 places to number 8, the track - originally released in 2013 - currently features on a TV advert for Lloyds Bank.

Finally, The Wanted's Nathan Sykes enters the chart at number 14 with his debut solo single 'Kiss Me Quick' while Pharrell's 'Freedom' vaults 51 places to 36.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News