Sam Smith scores No.1 single with 'Lay Me Down'

Sam Smith scores No.1 single with 'Lay Me Down'

Postby dutchman » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Sam Smith has topped the UK singles chart, in the process achieving a chart double with In the Lonely Hour reclaiming the album number one.

'Lay Me Down', the singer's Comic Relief collaboration with John Legend, debuts this week with a combined chart sales figure of over 105,000.

It becomes Smith's fourth chart-topper in less than two years.

Last week's number one 'King' by Years & Years falls to second place, while Flo Rida's 'GDFR', featuring Sage the Gemini and Lookas, enters at number three.

Ellie Goulding's 'Love Me Like You Do' is knocked from second into fourth place, while Rihanna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney complete the top five with 'FourFiveSeconds'.

'FourFiveSeconds' is also the most streamed track of the week, having amassed 2.12 million plays over the last week.

Usher earns his 19th top 10 UK single with his collaboration with Juicy J, 'I Don't Mind', landing at number eight.

Mumford & Sons are at number 20 with 'Believe', the lead single from their upcoming album Wilder Mind, while Calvin Harris and Haim's 'Pray to God' enters at number 35.

Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne's 'Rather Be' re-enters the chart at number 39, and John Legend's 'All of Me' rises to number 40.

Source: Official Charts Company
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News