Switch to full style
Write comments

X Factor's Ben Haenow claims Xmas No.1 single

Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:22 pm

Ben Haenow has claimed 2014's Christmas number one.

The X Factor winner sold 214,000 copies of 'Something I Need', beating the likes of Ed Sheeran, the Wealdstone Raider, and Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars to the top spot.

Speaking to OfficialCharts.com, the singer said: "To have even been in the running for Christmas Number 1 against some of the names that were in the race, and then to have actually won is incredible.

"It's an incredible end to my year. I'm gonna go and have a few good drinks with my mates – definitely more than a few good drinks to really celebrate! I'm absolutely shocked, I can't believe it."

'Something I Need' was first performed by OneRepublic and is being released by Haenow for charity Together for Short Lives.

Mark Ronson's 'Uptown Funk' featuring Bruno Mars is at number two, having broken the all-time record for the most streamed track in a single week with 2.34 million listens.

Ed Sheeran's 'Thinking Out Loud' is at three, while Olly Murs' 'Up' featuring Demi Lovato and Wealdstone Raider's charity single 'Got No Fans' round out the Top 5.

The Pogues' classic 'Fairytale of New York' featuring Kirsty MacColl is at 11 and Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' is at 18.
Write comments