Cheryl Cole claims record-breaking fifth UK number one

Cheryl Cole claims record-breaking fifth UK number one

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Cheryl Cole has scored her fifth UK number one single with 'I Don't Care'.

The X Factor judge now holds the record for the most UK number ones for a British female artist.

Cheryl previously topped the chart with 'Fight for This Love' in 2009, 'Promise This' in 2010, 'Call My Name' in 2012 and 'Crazy Stupid Love' earlier this year.

She overtakes previous record holders Geri Halliwell and Rita Ora, who each have four number one singles.

Ed Sheeran's 'Thinking Out Loud' moves down to second place, although the song breaks the record for the most audio streams in a single week with 1,638,000 listens.

All About That Bass' by Meghan Trainor moves to number three, while John Legend's 'All of Me' jumps from number 26 to four following his appearance on last week's X Factor.

Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' rounds off the top five.

Calvin Harris enters the chart at number six with 'Outside', as Tom Odell's cover of 'Real Love' debuts at number 21 after featuring on this year's John Lewis Christmas advert.

The Script's 'No Good in Goodbye' enters at 26, while Nicki Minaj debuts at 35 with 'Only', featuring Drake, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown.

Source: Official Charts Company
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News