Calvin Harris and John Newman hit Number 1 single spot

Calvin Harris and John Newman hit Number 1 single spot

Postby dutchman » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Calvin Harris has earned his fifth Official Singles Chart Number 1 as a lead artist – his seventh Number 1 in total – with 'Blame'.

The DJ previously hit the top spot with 'I'm Not Alone' (2009), 'Sweet Nothing' (2012), 'Under Control' (2013) and 'Summer' (2014).

The single, which features John Newman as vocalist, is Newman's third Number 1 following 2012's Rudimental collaboration 'Feel The Love' and last year's 'Love Me Again'.

Last week's Number 1 Lilly Wood and Robin Schulz's 'Prayer in C' slips to Number 2 this week, but claims the title of the week's most streamed track.

Sam Smith's 'I'm Not The Only One' rises two places to Number 3, while Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' climbs from Number 6 to 4, spending its fourth consecutive week in the Top 10.

Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora complete the Top 5, dropping one place with 'Black Widow'.

The highest new entry after 'Blame' is 'Walking With Elephants' by house producer Ten Walls, which climbs 178 places to Number 6.

Chris Brown secures his tenth UK Top 10 with 'New Flame', featuring Usher and Rick Ross, which is at Number 10. Fall Out Boy are also new in at Number 22, with 'Centuries'.

The X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing have also impacted on this week's charts. A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera's 'Say Something' re-enters the charts at Number 26 following its performance on the ITV singing contest.

Meanwhile, following their performance on Strictly, Australian band 5 Seconds of Summer climb 31 places to Number 7 with 'Amnesia'.

Source: Official Charts Company
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News