Lilly Wood and Robin Schulz score UK number one

Lilly Wood and Robin Schulz score UK number one

Postby dutchman » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:23 pm

Lilly Wood and Robin Schulz have scored a debut UK number one with their single Prayer in C.

The song was originally released by the alternative pop/folk duo in 2010 but was recently remixed by German DJ and producer Robin Schulz.

Prayer in C is Schulz's second number one this year, after he topped the chart in May with his remix of Mr Probz's Waves.

"This is unbelievable and words can't describe how happy I am," Schulz said. "I want to thank everybody who bought this record, my team and all my fans and hope to see you on the dance floor, somewhere in the world, during my DJ gigs."

Prayer in C will feature on Schulz's debut album Prayer, due for release on September 22.

Maroon 5 scored another new entry at number two, with Maps, the lead single from their upcoming album V. It gives the group their 14th Top 40 and sixth Top 5 single.

David Guetta's Lovers on the Sun featuring Sam Martin, which was last week's number one, falls two places to number three, while Taylor Swift spends a second week at number four with Shake It Off.

Completing the Top 5 are Norwegian duo Nico & Vinz with their single Am I Wrong, which falls three places.

Another new entry in the singles chart is Lethal Bizzle's Rari WorkOut at Number 11, while Ariana Grande wins her second Top 20 single with Break Free, featuring Zedd, at Number 20.

Katy Perry's new single This is How We Do climbs 20 places to Number 38.

Source: Official Charts Company
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News