Rita Ora claims UK number one single

Rita Ora claims UK number one single

Postby dutchman » Sun May 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Rita Ora has claimed the UK top spot for the fourth time with her single 'I Will Never Let You Down'.

The singer, who knocks Mr Probz's 'Waves' down to number two, is now tied with Geri Halliwell as the British female recording artists credited with the most solo UK number ones.

Speaking to OfficialCharts.com, Ora said: "It's crazy that it's the fourth one! I'm honoured.

"I have no words! I can't believe it. I'm just so happy that my fans are so supportive because this is a special, personal song for me."

John Legend's 'All of Me' climbs to third, while Calvin Harris's 'Summer' takes fourth place. Kiesza's 'Hideaway' completes the top five.

The Common Linnets are this week's biggest climber. The Dutch Eurovision Song Contest entry, who finished second in the competition, soared 86 places to number nine with 'Calm After the Storm'.

Meanwhile, Austria's Conchita Wurst entered the charts at number 17 with her Eurovision-winning tune 'Rise Like a Phoenix'.

Sweden's Sanna Nielsen, who came third at this year's Eurovision, is at number 40 with 'Undo'.

Ed Sheeran's 'One' - the opening track from his upcoming second album x - placed at number 20 after just 48 hours on sale.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News