Sigma beat The Vamps to score first UK number one single

Sigma beat The Vamps to score first UK number one single

Postby dutchman » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Sigma have claimed their first UK number one single with 'Nobody To Love'.

The track - from duo Joe Lenzie and Cameron Edwards - has sold 121,000 copies over the last seven days to beat The Vamps' latest single 'Last Night' to the top spot.

'Nobody To Love' - a drum 'n' bass re-working of Kanye West's 'Bound 2' - becomes the third biggest selling single of the year so far.

The Vamps have narrowly missed out on a number one single for the third time, with 'Last Night' becoming their second single to chart at number two.

Aloe Blacc - who topped the chart last weekend - drops to number three with 'The Man', while John Legend's 'All Of Me' slips two places to four.

Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX are a new entry at number five on this week's countdown with 'Fancy'. The song becomes Azalea's highest charting single to date as she prepares to release her debut album The New Classic tomorrow (April 14).

Meanwhile, Duke Dumont's 'I Got U' drops to six, Pharrell Williams's 'Happy' is down one to seven, and Route 94's 'My Love' slips from four to eight.

Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne's 'Rather Be' is down one place to nine, while Katy Perry re-enters the Top 10 this week with 'Dark Horse', rising from 11 to ten.

The Saturdays have scored their 17th UK Top 40 hit with 'Not Giving Up', which is a new entry at number 19.

Meanwhile, David Guetta and Showtek's 'Bad', feauturing Vassy, debuts at number 22, while 'Coming Home' from Kaiser Chiefs make its Top 40 debut at 31.

Source: Official Charts Company
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News