Duke Dumont claims second UK No.1 single with 'I Got U'

Duke Dumont claims second UK No.1 single with 'I Got U'

Postby dutchman » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:03 pm

Duke Dumont has scored his second UK number one single with 'I Got U'.

The British DJ - real name Adam Dyment - has won his second chart-topper in the last 12 months with the Jax Jones-assisted track.

Last year, 'Need U (100%)' featuring A*M*E famously beat 'Ding Dong! The Witch is Dead' to number one following the death of Margaret Thatcher.

Route 94 and Jess Glynne's 'My Love' is a non-mover at number two this week, while John Legend's ballad 'All Of Me' climbs to a new peak at three.

Pharrell Williams is at four with 'Happy' and last week's chart-topper 'Tsunami (Jump)' by DVBBS, Borgeous and Tinie Tempah falls to five.

Little Mix have scored this week's second highest new entry with their cover of Cameo's 'Word Up'. The single - released to support Sport Relief - becomes the group's fifth Top 10 hit to date.

Clean Bandit's 'Rather Be' drops two places to seven, while Katy Perry slips one place to eight with 'Dark Horse'.

Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull's 'I'm A Freak' and Sam Smith's 'Money on My Mind' complete this week's top ten, at nine and ten respectively.

Meanwhile, Example's new single 'Kids Again' is a new entry at number 13. The track serves as the first single from his upcoming album Live Life Living.

The Human League have scored their highest chart position in almost 20 years with 'Don't You Want Me'. Their 1981 Christmas chart-topper returns to the Top 20 at number 19.

The song's return to the charts is thanks to a social media campaign by fans of Aberdeen Football Club, following their triumph in the Scottish League Cup final last weekend.

Trey Songz is a new entry at 20 with 'Na Na', while London Grammar climb an impressive 76 places with 'Hey Now', which is this week's number 37.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News