DVBBS and Borgeous score UK No.1 single

DVBBS and Borgeous score UK No.1 single

Postby dutchman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:13 pm

DVBBS and Borgeous have topped the UK Singles Chart with their track 'Tsunami (Jump)'.

The track - which features vocals from Tinie Tempah - has knocked Route 94 and Jess Glynne's 'My Love' from the number one spot.

The original instrumental version of the track - titled 'Tsunami' - topped the charts in Belgium and the Netherlands last year, as well as reaching the Top 10 across Europe.

Speaking about reaching number one in the UK, Canadian duo DVBBS told BBC Radio 1's Official Chart show host Jameela Jamil: "It's amazing!

"It's just been a huge rollercoaster for the last six months, and now to finally have a UK Number one with Tinie Tempah is a dream come true.

"We've always wanted to work with Tinie after listening to some of the songs he's done with Swedish House Mafia and Calvin Harris; he adds such a special vocal over the top of dance records. We can't wait to perform it with him live!"

Route 94 and Jess Glynne drop to number two with 'My Love', while Pharrell Williams falls to number three with 'Happy'.

Enrique Iglesias has scored a new entry at number four with 'I'm A Freak', featuring Pitbull. Former chart-topper 'Rather Be' from Clean Bandit rounds out this week's top five.

John Legend climbs two places to number six with 'All Of Me', and Katy Perry is down three to seven with 'Dark Horse'.

Flo Rida is at eight with 'How I Feel' and Pixie Lott has won her seventh Top 10 hit with 'Nasty' at nine.

Sam Smith completes this week's Top 10 with former number one single 'Money on My Mind'.

Kylie Minogue's 'Into The Blue' - the lead single from the Australian popstar's new album Kiss Me Once - is a new entry at number twelve.

Christina Perri is the final new entry on this week's countdown with 'Human' at number 14.

One Direction's new single 'Midnight Memories' makes its Top 40 debut this week, climbing 34 spots to number 39.

Source: Official Charts Company
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News