Cheryl Cole is separating from husband Ashley Cole

Cheryl Cole is separating from husband Ashley Cole

Postby dutchman » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Pop star Cheryl Cole is separating from her husband footballer Ashley Cole, her spokesman has announced.
"Cheryl asks the media to respect her privacy during this difficult time," a statement said.

The announcement follows speculation about the couple's private life and recent press reports that their four-year marriage was in trouble.

A Girls Aloud spokesman said the band would not be commenting in public, but were supporting Cole "in private".

Fidelity

The 26-year-old X Factor judge married the Chelsea and England player in 2006, in a lavish ceremony in Hertfordshire.

The pair met in 2004 and were engaged a year later after the footballer proposed in Dubai.

Glossy magazine OK! covered the wedding, despite Cole's earlier insistence that the ceremony would be a "quiet affair".

In 2008, the couple's marriage was rocked by tabloid speculation about Ashley Cole's fidelity. The Girls Aloud star fled the country and was pictured without her wedding ring.

In a later interview with Jonathan Ross, the singer sported the wedding band and joked: "I was tempted to put it back on his head!"

Speaking about press interest in her life, the singer added: "There's no such thing as a private life in this industry.

"I spoke openly about my marriage in the past and it's come back to hit me in the face. I learnt from the past that you shouldn't do that."

The singer performed her solo track Fight For This Love at the Brit Awards earlier this month and flew to the US afterwards before returning to the UK earlier today.

Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole, 29, had ankle surgery earlier this month but his club manager Carlo Ancelotti expects him to be fit to play in the World Cup which starts in South Africa in June.

:bbc_news:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Cheryl Cole is separating from husband Ashley Cole

Postby StevieG » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:23 pm

What is it with Chelsea FC as it seems to be more of who is having it off with who and I bet Roman is not chuffed but there again he was at it with his wife and mistress so I would suggest Simon Cowell as manager and he is sure to add to his millions :lol:
StevieG

Postby pollyanna » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:17 am

I kept my divorce a pretty low-key affair - couldn't be doing with the press following me around :lol: .
pollyanna

Postby dutchman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:54 pm

It's hard to find a news story right now which isn't about Cheryl :!:

You can watch her perform her latest single 'Parachute' here:

CHERYL COLE - PARACHUTE OFFICIAL VIDEO
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby pollyanna » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:44 pm

She is suffering from over-exposure at the moment :(

I wont bother to watch the video link - but thanks anyway :D
pollyanna

Postby StevieG » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Why is is it that Max Clifford is always hovering in the background when the Z celebs seek publicity :?: :?: :?:
StevieG

Postby Angler » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:17 pm

I am available Ms Cole but I don't come cheap :lol:
Angler

Return to Music News