N-Dubz unhappy over Brits shortlist

N-Dubz unhappy over Brits shortlist

Postby dutchman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:27 pm

N-Dubz have expressed disappointment after only receiving one nomination for this year's Brit Awards.

'Number One', which saw band member Dappy team up with grime star Tinchy Stryder, has been nominated for the 'Best British Single' prize, but the trio have failed to pick up any other nods.

Speaking on Live From Studio Five, Dappy admitted: "We wanted to get nominated for a couple more."

His bandmate Tulisa added: "It was a bit of a cheap cop-out really because it's a 'featuring' song - it's not actually our song. Me and Fazer aren't on it, so I don't actually feel like I've got a nomination at all."

On the artists who have fared better on the shortlist, she commented: "Sometimes I think [the organisers] defeat the object of the Brits - the British awards. They've got a lot of American acts coming through, and acts like us who've worked ten years and finally done something for the urban part of the music industry, they just ignore us, and you have all the Lady GaGas on stage.

"They just want to disassociate themselves with urban [music]. They're scared! I think they're scared of past situations that have happened before."

The Brit Awards will take place at London's Earls Court on February 16.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News