Little Boots 'fed up over fat comments'

Little Boots 'fed up over fat comments'

Postby dutchman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:39 pm

Little Boots has said it's "really difficult" dealing with negative comments about her, after admitting on her Twitter page she was bored of people calling her "fat" online.

The singer, whose real name is Victoria Hesketh, first posted a comment on 17 November saying she was fed up of the comments about her weight.

It read: "ok getting really bored of people calling me fat online now... diet started yesterday, you don't have to rub it in."

She has since admitted to Newsbeat that she finds it hard dealing with hurtful comments.

She said: "It is really difficult. I guess just doing this job you become used to it whether it's on the internet or in the papers, people saying things which simply aren't true about you.

'Try not to worry'

"I think the internet is just a place where if you make yourself known publicly on it you're going to be open to people's opinions.

"You've just got to be quite hard-skinned about it and try not to worry if someone says you're fat or ugly or untalented - which they do."

The 25-year-old has had a hugely successful year, after topping BBC's Sound of 2009 poll in January and reaching number five with her debut album Hands in June.

The Blackpool-born singer says she finds it's sometimes easier to just try and put up with what's written about you.

"I guess you can go online and defend yourself but it feels like you're sinking to their level and rising to their bait that way," she added.

'Right balance'

"So sometimes it's actually worse to respond when you read things which you know aren't true about you but you have to swallow them really."

Little Boots does admit there are positives to sites like Twitter if you can get the balance right.

Her Twitter feed even features prominently on her official web page and she updates it every day.

She recently used it to thank fans for their support after an "incredible year" and says it can pass the time easily when you're stuck on long train journeys.

But she says that the worst thing about the internet is that people can remain anonymous, whereas if a genuine friend says something awful about you then you can do something about it.

She added: "I'm sure people who're horrible about me wouldn't come up to my face and say 'you're all these awful things'.

"You've got to remember that the people that are hiding behind the internet are just cowards and probably don't have enough confidence themselves."

Judge for yourself:

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Little Boots 'fed up over fat comments'

Postby dutchman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

I'd still shag her if she was the size of a whale :twisted: (Not that I'd ever get the opportunity :cry: )
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News