Fergie 'left holiday for 'Nine' audition'

Fergie 'left holiday for 'Nine' audition'

Postby dutchman » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:32 am

Fergie has revealed that she cut her holidays short last year when she heard of auditions for the movie musical Nine.

The actress, who had planned a lengthy break at the end of 2008, had a change of heart when she learned that auditions were being accepted.

The 34-year-old told Parade: "I had been touring for five-and-a-half years straight, living a very rock n' roll lifestyle in different hotel rooms every other night.

"They were planning another big tour for me and I said, 'I'm a little bit burned out. I need to take a break'. And then I found out Nine was casting and I just went for it. But I had to fight to get the role."

The Black Eyed Peas star, who was desperate to land the role of Saraghina, went to the audition dressed like the character despite being fearful of the paparazzi.

She added: "I've learned, since I was a little girl, that when you want something, you walk in as the character. So I tried to make my lips look fuller and red and more Italian, and I re-did my hair in a bigger style. I really felt transformed.

"Then, as I was leaving my hotel in London, I suddenly just got scared that the paparazzi were going to get a picture of me, and everybody would be going, 'What was she thinking?'"

"Actress"? I thought she was a singer?
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News