Ronnie Corbett's widow, musical star Anne Hart, dies aged 90

Ronnie Corbett's widow, musical star Anne Hart, dies aged 90

Postby dutchman » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:14 am

Ronnie Corbett and Anne Hart were married for 50 years

Anne Hart, the former West End musical star who was married to comedian Ronnie Corbett for 50 years, has died at the age of 90.

Her family said she had died peacefully in the early hours of Sunday at their home in Scotland.

She was recently treated in hospital for a hip fracture following a fall at the family estate in East Lothian.

Her younger daughter, actress Sophie Corbett, described her mother as "an amazing woman".

"My sister Emma and I, and all four of her grandchildren - Tom, Tilly, Dylan and Billy - will love and miss her for ever," she added.

"We will be bringing her home to Addington, near Croydon, which is where the family lived when my dad was alive."

Anne Hart found fame on stage in her 20s as the leading lady in Clown Jewels and Young In Heart with comedy troupe The Crazy Gang.

She met Ronnie Corbett in the late 1950s, while he was an up-and-coming comedian and she was working in the late-night revues at Danny La Rue's club at Hanover Square.

The couple's first child, Andrew, was born with a heart defect and lived only six weeks. They went on to have two daughters and four grandchildren.

Ronnie Corbett was best known for BBC comedy sketch show The Two Ronnies, in which he starred alongside Ronnie Barker.

He died aged 85 in 2016, having been diagnosed with a suspected form of motor neurone disease.

:bbc_news:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Stage