Best friends set sights on TeenStar title as Beech Berry dancing duo

Best friends set sights on TeenStar title as Beech Berry dancing duo

Postby dutchman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Bishop Ullathorne schoolgirls have made it through to regional final

Two best pals are hoping to wow judges with their dancing skills at the TeenStar regional final this Saturday.

Sarah Beech, aged 13 and from Radford, and Tilly-Mae Berry, aged 15 and from Eastern Green, sing together, dance together and hang out together.

Now they want to win the TeenStar singing and dance competition together - having made it as regional finalists.

The Bishop Ullathorne pupils, who train at the Chloe Academy of Dance at St Augustine’s, will return to the stage this Saturday at Birmingham’s NEC under the stage name Beech Berry.

Both have been taking singing and dance lessons from the age of four and Sarah’s mum, Kim Maher, says she always knew her little girl would be a performer.

“She’s always said to me ‘This is my career, this is what I want’,” said Kim. “She’s very focused. I travel high and low with her – she never stops!

“She was always very active and they both bounce off each other. They’re both in Fame! at the Albany Theatre and Tilly-Mae is waiting to hear about an audition for BOA – Birmingham Ormiston Academy. She finds out this week if she got in.

“They both train six days a week. They do everything together, they’re just great friends who met through dance, maybe seven or eight years ago. They've grown up together and it’s so great that they've got this.

“It’s just such a big achievement.”

TeenStar, organised by Future Music, is a UK singing and dance competition for teenagers and pre-teens. Previous grand finals have been held at the NEC and within the O2 in London.

Prizes for the winners include recording an album, shooting a music video, scholarships to the Flawless Dance School and sponsorship from Squad Dancewear.

You can support Beech Berry this Saturday, April 8, by going along to the live regional final. You can purchase tickets from teenstarcompetition.co.uk or on the door.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Stage