Rhydian to star in 'War Of The Worlds'

Rhydian to star in 'War Of The Worlds'

Postby dutchman » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:07 am

X Factor star Rhydian Roberts will appear in a new musical version of The War Of The Worlds.
Ex-Atomic Kitten singer Liz McClarnon and popstar Jason Donovan will also appear in the production, which is composed and produced by Jeff Wayne.

Roberts will play Parson Nathaniel, a role previously taken by Russell Watson and Thin Lizzy's Phil Lynott.

"My dream has always been to appear in a musical which tours large arenas and I'm very excited to be joining such an incredible cast for The War of The Worlds 2010 tour," said Roberts.

"I am a big fan of Jeff Wayne and I grew up listening to the classic album, so it's very special to be performing one of the main roles of Parson Nathaniel - even more so given that I will share the stage with an 11-foot floating 3D hologram of my fellow countryman, Richard Burton, 26 years after his death!"

Wayne commented: "Rhydian is an incredibly talented singer whose range and depth of voice will suit this role perfectly. I am delighted to welcome him into this year's production."

War Of The Worlds - Alive On Stage! will tour UK arenas in November and December.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Stage