Coventry panto dame's city-wide search for a man!

Coventry panto dame's city-wide search for a man!

Postby dutchman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:35 am

Coventry’s panto dame Nanny Knot is searching all over the city for men with star potential.

The Belgrade Theatre is staging Sleeping Beauty over Christmas and panto dame Nanny Knot wants men to join her on stage every night with characters such as Muddles, Gob and Fairy Azuriel.

Nanny Knot, who bears a remarkable resemblance to actor, writer and director Iain Lauchlan, said, “I’m searching for a good looking hunk, well, a fairly attractive male, OK, any man who can stand and breathe on his own!

“Please help me by nominating your boyfriend, husband, dad, workmate or boss to come up on stage and help me decorate a birthday cake for the Princess.

“They have to be a good sport though as it may get messy.”

Nanny Knot can be quite fussy when it comes to men though, so they need to be over 18 years of age and fit and healthy.

They also need to have a good sense of humour and be willing to get up on stage during the show.

If you know of any men that are coming to see the show – and who would be brave enough to lend a hand to Nanny Knot – please nominate them by emailing the name of the person you would like to nominate, along with the details of the time and date of the performance he will be attending to scressy@belgrade.co.uk.

Please put Panto Nomination in the subject line of your email.

The person nominated must be sitting downstairs in the stalls.

You can also submit your nomination by post to Steve Cressy, Company Stage Manager, Belgrade Theatre, Belgrade Square, Coventry CV1 1GS, or hand it in at the theatre box office.

The unsuspecting men will not know a thing about their surprise stage appearance until Nanny Knot comes to find them during the show.

Ruth Saunders, of the Belgrade Theatre, said: “This is the perfect opportunity to play a joke on a boss, wind up your dad or simply get revenge on a friend.”

Sleeping Beauty opens on November 28 and runs until January 5. Box office 024 7655 3055.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Stage