Ayckbourn's Time of My Life at the Loft Theatre, Leamington

Ayckbourn's Time of My Life at the Loft Theatre, Leamington

Postby dutchman » Thu May 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Times are hard in Alan Ayckbourn's Time Of My Life at Leamington's Loft Theatre from May 9 to 19.

Set in the latter recession-hit Thatcher years, self-made businessman Gerry Stratton has organised a small family dinner at his favourite restaurant to celebrate his wife Laura’s birthday.

His son Glyn is there with his long-suffering wife Stephanie, and younger son Adam has brought along his new girlfriend, the outrageously behaved hairdresser Maureen. It should be a happy occasion but family skeletons emerge.

Glyn’s story moves forward in time and Adam’s backward. At the centre Gerry and Laura pick apart their financial problems, their marriage and recall first love.D

Director Vanessa Comer said: “He so marvellously captures people’s little foibles to great comic effect, putting them in situations which are bizarre yet somehow familiar to most of us ensuring that we leave the theatre both happier and wiser. He is a very clever man.

“Ayckbourn turns us into metaphorical gods who understand only too well the point that Gerry makes – that we humans only recognize our happiest moments when they have long-since become ‘the good old days’.”

The cast includes Rowen Cameron (Maureen), Alex Comer (Glyn), Zoë Faithful (Stephanie), Edward Gildea (Gerry), David Mears (Calvinu), Jack Sargent (Adam) and Kate Willis (Laura).

Tickets can be booked online at http://www.loft-theatre.co.uk or via the ticket hotline on 0844 493 4938 between 9.am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Under 25s and NUS cardholders can purchase tickets on Monday and Tuesday evenings for £5.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Stage