Coronation Street - The Musical

Coronation Street - The Musical

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:39 am

ITV has unveiled details for a special live musical version of Coronation Street.

Street of Dreams will debut in Manchester in 2012, and will feature classic storylines and past characters from the soap's long history.

Paul O'Grady will host the production by the award-winning Trisha Ward, as he takes the audience through the show and meets the various characters on-stage.

Julie Goodyear will return as Bet Lynch, along with Kevin Kennedy as Curly Watts and Brian Capron as the murderous Richard Hillman.

Current stars will include William Roache (Ken Barlow) and Katy Cavanagh (Julie Carp). The show is based on last year's album Coronation Street - Rogues, Angels, Heroes & Fools.

O'Grady said: "I'm a great fan of the Street! Chunks of script are engraved in my memory, so to relive it all alongside unforgettable characters and talent is just brilliant. I can't wait to watch it all come together and the reaction it receives."

The stage show will open at Manchester's M.E.N Arena on Wednesday, March 21. Tickets will go on sale from Friday, December 9.

Watch a promo for Coronation Street's Street of Dreams musical below:

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Stage