New short dramas showcased at Warwick Arts Centre

New short dramas showcased at Warwick Arts Centre

Postby dutchman » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:28 pm

There's a chance to check out the latest work by some of the UK’s most innovative theatre companies tonight when Warwick Arts Centre in Coventry plays host to Pilot Night.

It's offering audiences the chance to see new, untested shorts lasting between 10 and 20 minutes. Together they present a glorious mix of comic, touching and peculiar performance.

The bar is also open all night and band Abie’s Miracle Tonic will play in the interval.

The line-up tonight includes Who Knows Where by Ed Rapley, which he describes as “Everything I know about death, and a few things I know about life”.

Mess by Caroline Horton is a story about neurosis, obsession and not wanting to get out of bed.

There is also I Promise To Swim The Channel (or the story of how I might) by Francesca Millican-Slater, And Hell Followed With Them by Drunken Chorus which takes inspiration from Tobe Hooper, Chuck Palahniuk and David Lynch.

The evening also includes Karinthy: There Is No Art Without Science by Millions and Pliers and foyer installation Post present Future by Cross Collaborations.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Stage