Hollywood star Clive Owen back home at the Belgrade

Hollywood star Clive Owen back home at the Belgrade

Postby dutchman » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Hollywood film star Clive Owen has been bringing a touch of Tinseltown glamour to Coventry.

The 46-year-old city actor has appeared in blockbuster movies such as Closer, The Bourne Identity, Gosford Park, Children Of Men and Sin City, but returned to his Coventry roots to inspire young local performers.

He met the city’s new generation of acting hopefuls during a surprise visit home.

The former Binley Park schoolboy first began acting as a member of the Belgrade Youth Theatre and dropped into the city centre venue to chat to the theatre’s current youth theatre members about his acting experiences.

More than 100 young performers joined Clive as he talked about his experiences as a young actor at the Belgrade, his years at London’s Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and his acting career.

Clive said: “I had heard about the ground-breaking work that the Belgrade is doing with young people, and I wanted to find out more, since this is where it all began for me.

“The work that the theatre is doing is genuinely transforming the lives of young people – providing them with creative opportunities, building their confidence, offering qualifications, giving them a voice in the city.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Stage