Wood just glad to be playing

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Wood just glad to be playing

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Richard Wood insists he is happy to play at left-back for Coventry as long as it means he is selected in Aidy Boothroyd`s XI.

The Yorkshireman is a centre-back by trade but has played the last four matches at full-back and has not looked out of place for someone who stands 6ft 3in tall and possesses a build more associated with that of a central defender.

"Playing at left-back is all right - I`m playing, so as long as you`re playing then you`re happy," he said. "It`s not my preferred position but I`m enjoying it, it`s good. It makes a change and it makes me more versatile, more available for more positions.

"I played there quite a bit for Sheffield Wednesday, I played wing-back as well so I`ve done it and I`m experienced enough to know what it`s all about and do a decent job in there."

Wood has played his part in four successive clean sheets for the Sky Blues and a fifth against Norwich on Saturday would represent the club`s best run for nine years, while a sixth would equal a club record which has remained in place for nearer 75.

"As a defender, clean sheets are what I base myself on," he added. "We`re all buzzing at the minute and we want to make it five, six, seven and carry on going as long as we can. We want to beat the club record."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Sky Blues