Strictly Come Dancing announces BBC radio star for 2023 line-up

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Strictly Come Dancing announces BBC radio star for 2023 line-up

Postby dutchman » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:22 pm

"Throw the glitter on me!"

Strictly Come Dancing has announced another celebrity for the upcoming season 21 of the BBC dance contest.

Revealing the news on her very own BBC Asian Network breakfast show on Tuesday morning (August 8), Nikita Kanda confirmed she's the ninth star in the 2023 line-up.

"I can't believe I'm going to be on Strictly," Kanda remarked. "This is a dream come true.

"I'm still pinching myself. I don't think it will properly sink in until I step onto the dancefloor.

"I can't wait to get glammed up and get out there. Throw the glitter on me!"

Best known for her work as a BBC radio DJ, Kanda has brushed shoulders with several famous faces throughout her career.

Over the years, she's interviewed the likes of Killing Eve actress Sandra Oh, Bridgerton stars Simone Ashley and Charithra Chandran, Marvel star Awkwafina, and singer Nick Jonas.

BBC viewers may also recognise the presenter from her regular reports on The One Show.

Kanda will be joining an already star-studded cast on the dance floor for the 21st series of Strictly.

The line-up so far includes Emmerdale and Waterloo Road actor Adam Thomas, Love Island star Zara McDermott, Sherlock actress Amanda Abbington, Bad Education star and West End actor Layton Williams, TV presenter Angela Scanlon, journalist Angela Rippon, news anchor Krishnan Guru-Murthy, and comedian Eddie Kadi.

More famous faces are expected to be confirmed for the 2023 Strictly line-up in the coming days.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Strictly Come Dancing announces BBC radio star for 2023 line-up

Postby dutchman » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:37 pm

You know they're scraping the barrel when the BBC has to set up a page to explain who a contestant is!

Nikita Kanda is a radio host and TV presenter

:rolling:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Sky Blues