Coventry 3 - 2 Peterborough

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Coventry 3 - 2 Peterborough

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:41 pm

Freddy Eastwood's hat-trick sealed all three points for Coventry against Peterborough, who remain bottom.

Eastwood was unmarked at the back post to tap the ball home following David Bell's corner and headed Leon Barnett's flick-on into the net to make it 2-0.

But Craig Mackail-Smith took advantage of Exodus Geohaghon's long throw-in to get one back, and levelled when Keiren Westwood pushed the ball into his path.

But Eastwood smashed Michael McIndoe's free kick into the net to win it.

Coventry manager Chris Coleman:

"We had to fight hard for it. At 2-2 we could have crumbled but we didn't and for Freddy to get the winner as well was fantastic.

"This was harder than Wednesday's game against Newcastle. We were 2-0 up at half-time but we know it is never easy at Coventry City. Something always happens and it did.

"Fair play to Peterborough, they forced us back in the second half. When they got the first goal back, you could smell the fear was back.

"I thought we showed great character to come back and win because there was a lot of pressure on everybody."

Peterborough boss Mark Cooper:

"I could quite easily be sitting here with three points. I'm not, I'm sitting here with nothing mainly because we didn't really get after Coventry.

"We didn't defend set pieces. The three goals we have conceded came from set pieces and if you do that you're not going to get anything.

"It is people not doing their jobs - individual errors. Everybody has a man to mark and if you're marking that man and he scores a hat-trick then it is your fault I'm afraid.

"We are seven points adrift but we're not giving up. We will keep going. We're far from the worst team in the league."

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Coventry 3 - 2 Peterborough

Postby SkyBluesTalk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:55 pm

What a great game it was as well! Freddy Eastwood looked electric and his finishing was deadly :)

Hopefully now Sammy is half back we will be more steady in midfield :)
SkyBluesTalk

Re: Coventry 3 - 2 Peterborough

Postby yourworstnightmare » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:14 am

Eastwood in my opnion over the last few weeks has been working his ass of like a donkey really pleased for him, and I knew ol Travvy would come good soon, well done Freddy and keep up the good work allaround ;)
yourworstnightmare

Return to Sky Blues