Notts County boss Steve Cotterill ponders Coventry move

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Notts County boss Steve Cotterill ponders Coventry move

Postby dutchman » Tue May 18, 2010 1:09 pm

Notts County boss Steve Cotterill is mulling over an offer from Coventry City to take over as their new manager, reports BBC Radio Nottingham.
Cotterill, who joined Notts on a short-term deal in February and guided them to the League Two title, held talks with the Sky Blues on Monday night.

The 45-year-old, who only has two weeks left on his contract, will meet Notts chairman Ray Trew on Tuesday.

Coventry have been managerless since sacking Chris Coleman in early May.

Former Burnley and Cheltenham boss Cotterill made a huge impact at Meadow Lane after being appointed by the new owners.

In 18 league matches, Cotterill oversaw 14 wins and only lost once, conceding just six goals during that spell.

He was linked with the manager's role at the Ricoh Arena last week and was made one of the favourites for the job by bookmakers.

But at the time he said he had not had any contact with the Championship side.

He told BBC Radio Nottingham: "It is flattering but I'm level headed. I don't get carried away with anything.

"I absolutely don't know any more than I have read."

:bbc_news:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Notts County boss Steve Cotterill ponders Coventry move

Postby PoundShopPeter » Tue May 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Well, I'd be very surprised if he turns us down. Hopefully he will be the TRUE Messiah after all the false ones. :begging:
The Coventry Telegraph is the best Newspaper in the world. Honest.
PoundShopPeter

Postby dutchman » Tue May 18, 2010 8:48 pm

Notts County have offered manager Steve Cotterill an improved deal in a bid to keep him from becoming Coventry City boss, reports BBC Radio Nottingham.

Cotterill, who joined Notts on a short-term deal in February and guided them to the League Two title, held talks with the Sky Blues on Monday night.

The 45-year-old, who only has two weeks left on his contract, then met Notts chairman Ray Trew on Tuesday.

He is now understood to be considering the two offers overnight.

:bbc_news:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby ironskyblue » Wed May 19, 2010 1:35 pm

PoundShopPeter wrote: Hopefully he will be the TRUE Messiah after all the false ones. :begging:

let's hope he's not just a very naughty boy shall we? :band:
You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later, you dance with the Reaper!
ironskyblue

Return to Sky Blues