Notts boss Steve Cotterill denies Coventry contact

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Notts boss Steve Cotterill denies Coventry contact

Postby dutchman » Fri May 07, 2010 1:57 pm

Notts County manager Steve Cotterill has denied being contacted by Coventry City about the vacant manager's position at the Ricoh Arena.
Bookmakers have made Cotterill one of the favourites for the Coventry job, alongside Tony Mowbray, Gary McAllister and David O'Leary.

But he told BBC Radio Nottingham: "It is flattering but I'm level headed. I don't get carried away with anything.

"I absolutely don't know any more than I have read."

Cotterill steered Notts County to the League Two title this season, after taking over at Meadow Lane in February following two years out of management, but his contract expires at the end of May.

The 45-year-old believes his current success at Meadow Lane is not the only reason he is being linked with other jobs.

He said: "I haven't done a bad job at my other jobs either so it's not perhaps just what's happened at Notts County, it might have been what I did at Burnley with absolutely nothing."

However, the Magpies manager remains cautious. He said: "How many times does a favourite not win a horse race? How many times does a favourite not get a job?

"The time comes if anybody opens any dialogue but I haven't taken too much notice. I've just carried on enjoying my time here."

:bbc_news:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Notts boss Steve Cotterill denies Coventry contact

Postby ironskyblue » Fri May 07, 2010 6:11 pm

I wouldn't mind him in charge of things, I remember he didn't do too badly with burnley.

But then again, all I want is somebody who is going to entertain me when I splash out on a ticket. Somebody who recognises the need to go out and score two, three, four and more every now and again. What I don't wnat is somebody who thinks it's enough to score one goal and that's it.

Let's see some passion on the pitch for once, eh? How about it? :thumbsup:
You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later, you dance with the Reaper!
ironskyblue

Re: Notts boss Steve Cotterill denies Coventry contact

Postby PoundShopPeter » Sat May 08, 2010 8:58 am

ironskyblue wrote:I wouldn't mind him in charge of things, I remember he didn't do too badly with burnley.

But then again, all I want is somebody who is going to entertain me when I splash out on a ticket. Somebody who recognises the need to go out and score two, three, four and more every now and again. What I don't wnat is somebody who thinks it's enough to score one goal and that's it.

Let's see some passion on the pitch for once, eh? How about it? :thumbsup:

Reading between the lines he certainly seems keen and has a lot of experience in the 'lower' leagues.

You're certainly right about entertainment - football positioned itself as part of the "entertainment industry" once Sky TV took over so it would be nice for it to live up to this at the Ricoh once in a while. Despite of his poor record during his brief time at Celtic, I'd really like to see Tony Mowbray in charge. His teams always try and play decent football and he did get the baggies out of the Championship.
The Coventry Telegraph is the best Newspaper in the world. Honest.
PoundShopPeter

Return to Sky Blues