Manager Mark Robins pledges future to Sky Blues

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Manager Mark Robins pledges future to Sky Blues

Postby dutchman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Coventry City manager Mark Robins has fully committed his future to the Sky Blues following speculation linking him with the vacancy at Doncaster Rovers.

"Absolutely I can put that to bed," he told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.

"Opportunities will come and opportunities will go, but I'm not going anywhere.

"I'm happy to work here for these supporters and come into work every day with this bunch of players and this board of directors," he said.

The 43-year-old was installed as the bookies' favourite, along with Oldham's Paul Dickov, after Dean Saunders left Doncaster last weekend to take over at Wolverhampton Wanderers.

However, following Thursday night's thrilling, last-gasp 3-2 injury-time Johnstone's Paint Trophy northern semi-final win over Preston North End, Robins said: "I've been here for only three months and I'm happy to stay here and try to keep everybody pulling in the right direction,

"There's still a lot of work to do, but I want to be a part of that and bring this football club out the other side of a difficult spell."

Robins, who began his managerial career at relegation-threatened Rotherham in March 2007, was appointed by Coventry in September, having been out of management since quitting Barnsley at the end of the 2010-11 season.

When he arrived, the Sky Blues were second from bottom in League One, but they have lost just four of their last 18 league games to climb to 12th in the table, just five points adrift of the play-off positions, as well as reaching the JPT northern final.

Coventry should find out their opponents when Crewe meet Capital One Cup giant-killers Bradford City in next Tuesday night's delayed semi-final.

:bbc_sport_logo:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Sky Blues