Coventry 1 - 0 QPR (result)

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Coventry 1 - 0 QPR (result)

Postby pollyanna » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Full time score - well done to the lads.

This puts CCFC 10th in the Table !! :thumbsup:
pollyanna

Re: Coventry 1 - 0 QPR (result)

Postby dutchman » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Three points is three points but it doesn't sound as if there was much to entertain the crowd on a cold wet afternoon?

Gary Deegan's early strike was enough to stretch Coventry's unbeaten run to five matches, while QPR are now nine games without a win in any competition.

Deegan struck his first goal for the club early on, a shot into the bottom corner that left Rangers goalkeeper Carl Ikeme rooted to the spot.

QPR pressed either side of half time, with Lee Cook forcing Keiren Westwood to save from a free-kick.

Cook also flashed a shot across the goal, but the visitors could not level.

Coventry manager Chris Coleman:

"I anticipated that it wasn't going to be a classic but we got the job done.

"We said to them at half-time that it might be one of those games where we just had to dig in and get a result.

"This win puts us within six points of the top six and eight points off the bottom three so we are on the up."

QPR manager Mick Harford:

"You run out of words to say when you are on a run like this because you don't get the rub of the green.

"You are always under pressure as a manager. You are judged on results. I would prefer to play poorly and win, that's what we need to do at the moment.

"I don't think we deserved to lose because they had one shot on target in the whole game and it took a deflection. It's my job to pick the players up but the spirit is good."

:bbc_news:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Coventry 1 - 0 QPR (result)

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:52 am

Coventry City - QPR - Stephen Wright Shot

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Sky Blues