'Coventry need to find home form', says defender

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

'Coventry need to find home form', says defender

Postby dutchman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Coventry defender William Edjenguele says that the Sky Blues must focus on replicating their fine recent away form on home soil at the Ricoh Arena.

Tuesday night's 3-1 win at Colchester took their haul of away goals to eight in four days as they made it three successive league wins on the road.

By contrast, the Sky Blues have just won two home league games this season.

"We're a good team but so far only the away fans know that," Edjenguele told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.

"We have to show the same energy and quality at home.

"We're in good form as a team. David McGoldrick is scoring goals and we are playing as a unit at the back right now, which is good to see."

Edjenguele headed his first goal for the club in the win over Colchester and added: "I'm enjoying myself on the pitch and I hope that will continue.

"But we have to play the same way at home as we do in away games and do what we have been doing for the away fans."

After climbing to 15th in the table on the back of their away record - 14 of their 23 points have come on the road - Coventry now face four home games in a row.

Saturday's visit of Portsmouth is followed by the League One visit of Walsall on 8 December, with cup games against Morecambe and Sheffield United sandwiched in between.

And Sky Blues manager Mark Robins is refusing to let his side rest on their laurels.

"We're keeping our feet firmly on the floor," he said.

"We've got some good players and now they're starting to believe it. I'm proud of them.

"That's exactly what we're looking for. We put in a good performance and scored some good goals on Tuesday night."

:bbc_sport_logo:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Sky Blues