The name...

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

The name...

Postby dutchman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:14 pm

The name by which the club is now generally known was entirely a fabrication of Jimmy Hill when he became manager. The original name of the club was "The Singers" as it was the car company's works team. Their headquarters was the White Lion pub and they played their early games on Gosford Green which at that time was just outside the city boundary. Ironically, the pub was demolished in the late 1980's to make way of all things for Sky Blue Way!
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: The name...

Postby pollyanna » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:31 pm

Interesting facts Dutchy.

Shame Sky Blue Way is no longer Sky Blue :(
pollyanna

Postby rebbonk » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:55 pm

But we do have the "Blue Ribbon" island ;)
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby pollyanna » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Have never heard of that one - just looked it up. I saw that the last time I was in Cov - had no idea it was supposed to be a blue ribbon :?
pollyanna

Postby yourworstnightmare » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:54 am

Have you thought about putting a Rugby post up, because it looks like there aint any Coventry City Fans at the Moment, and it is a national scandal if some of the well off like XX cannot come to the rescue of 135 year history of the Coventry City Rugby Club, who need all the help they can at this sad time, its a travesty that this club is in the position it is in, and I am not even a Rugby fan as such, but one of my family members as grew up with rugby and he teaches kids to play, and it is a disgrace if this club goes to the wall, and some people should be ashamed of themselves :fuming:
yourworstnightmare

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:29 am

yourworstnightmare wrote:Have you thought about putting a Rugby post up
I'm already on record at icCoventry for querying the previous rescue attempt which I said at the time was riddled with unanswered questions about the club's finances. However Woods is free to sign-up here and post a link to his petition at any time.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby yourworstnightmare » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Just read the paper concerning the rugby club, I was at the munster game to support them.

How this Person escaped the attention of the authorities in his business dealings is behond me, some people in business I wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire, unfortunatly I am not allowed to say what I really think, but when it concerns a fantistic Community Iniative, then I should be able to say what I want, one things for sure, I am glad I have never had any Property or business dealings with the crooks who have nearly destroyed a piece of history, as I said before, some people in this City in business are nothing but Crooked swines and I hope you are proud of whats been going on.

Dutchman I have a poem that I written the other week and I wanted to put it up on another site, but I canot post on there for some reason. If I put it up on here will you be able to make any money out of it for your site, and also to help save this piece of history Called Coventry Cxxx Cxxxxxxxx Cxxx Ixxxxxxx Txxxx xYz limited. Company that I am going to set up with any one who is intrested, in Coventry.
yourworstnightmare

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:23 pm

I don't at present receive any income from this site, it's purely a labour of love. :cry:

(Althoug Google is inserting Coventry adverts into the YouTube videos on this site, they are not sharing any of that advertising revenue with me).
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby yourworstnightmare » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Thats bang out of order, well im not putting the poem up :x

Anyone want to buy a lovely poem?
yourworstnightmare

Postby StevieG » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:48 am

Dutchy - A thought on a lovely Sat. morning
Would it be possible to instill a Miscellaneous Sport spot on the Forum as if I being LPool Fan started posting on the Sky Blues spot, WW3 would be declared ????????
StevieG

Next

Return to Sky Blues