Coventry City appoint two new directors

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Coventry City appoint two new directors

Postby dutchman » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Coventry City have announced two experts in money and banking are joining their board as directors.

Tim Fisher has been acting as an advisor for the club for the past few months and is a former investment banker and current chairman of Calimere Point, a group of companies offering financial advice.

Their clients include some of the world’s biggest investment banks and they have provided support to the leisure sector, including football clubs.

The other addition is Mark Labovitch, currently CEO of GEMS Ventures, a division of GEMS, a Dubai-based group which is the world’s largest private-sector provider of school-age education.

He spent 20 year in investment banking across the world, focussing on media, entertainment and sport. He also served as director at Independent News & Media, the group behind papers like The Independent.

Chairman Ken Dulieu said the two new directors would bring massive financial expertise and contacts to the board:

“These are two very important appointments for the future of Coventry City.

“Tim and Mark both have a wealth of experience in business and finance, and both have worked with sport and leisure companies.

“It is no secret that we are talking to investors and want to attract funding to the club. That will be one key role for Tim and Mark.

“I have said since I took over that I want to build the team on and off the field with the long-term aim of success and stability.

“We have a very strong board with a wide range of talent and expertise, and Tim and Mark only add to that.”

:mercia:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Sky Blues