Coventry City chairman Ken Dulieu to hold Hoffman talks

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Coventry City chairman Ken Dulieu to hold Hoffman talks

Postby dutchman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:56 pm

Coventry City chairman Ken Dulieu says he is willing to discuss potential investment with former vice-chairman Gary Hoffman again.

Earlier this month Hoffman vented his frustration at the Sky Blues' board after efforts to buy the club stalled.

Dulieu told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire: "I will be going to Gary but this isn't about one individual.

"There are a number of other investors. My job is to listen to anybody who has proof of funds and prepared to invest."

Hoffman, who quit the Coventry board in February this year after a number of disagreements over key decisions, says his investors are willing to pump £30m into the Championship outfit.

But Dulieu has revealed that owners SISU have already agreed to continue their financial support for the forseeable future.

The chairman added: "We've managed to get substantial sums out of them and they're prepared to continue funding this club.

"As long as we perform, and that's not just me, I believe they will continue to do so because they don't particularly want to lose their money. They'd quite like to get it back.

"If we're losing half-a-million pounds a month, what is the club worth? If you don't own the stadium, not a lot.

"If we turn it around and we start to break even it's going to be worth substantially more.

"I've managed to convince them, with my board colleagues, that that is achievable."

:bbc_sport_logo:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Sky Blues