City boss Thorn makes new striker his top priority

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

City boss Thorn makes new striker his top priority

Postby dutchman » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Coventry City manager Andy Thorn says his top priority is to sign a new forward following Marlon King's departure to Birmingham last month.

The Sky Blues have already replaced goalkeeper Keiren Westwood with Joe Murphy and Chris Dunn.

Thorn told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire: "You look to develop in every position but I don't think it's any secret that we want a striker.

"We want somebody to put pressure on the other strikers."

With out-of-contract Aron Gunnarsson linked with a move away from the Ricoh Arena and several other players released at the end of last season, Thorn admits there is a need to bring in fresh blood.

And the City boss has reassured supporters that the club are in negotiations with potential signings.

"Sometimes people can get a little be disillusioned but there's no need to be," added Thorn.

"We're working extremely hard. We've got targets and we've got a couple who we're speaking to now.

"But the biggest thing for me is that they've got to be better than what we've got.

"There's no point bringing in people just to add to the squad. I want to bring people in who can improve us. There's no panic."

:bbc_sport_logo:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Sky Blues