Ken Dulieu replaces Ray Ranson as Coventry chairman

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Ken Dulieu replaces Ray Ranson as Coventry chairman

Postby dutchman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Ray Ranson is to take on a new role at Coventry City after being replaced as chairman at the Ricoh Arena by former Southampton director Ken Dulieu.

Following a turbulent few months in the Sky Blues boardroom, Ranson is to become the club's football consultant.

Dulieu, who joined the Sky Blues board in November 2010, replaced Rupert Lowe when he took over Southampton in 2006.

Ranson has been at the Ricoh since coming in to save the club from administration in December 2007.

"My role as executive chairman of Coventry City over the past three years has been essentially focused on the football side of the business," said Ranson.

"Coventry City are now entering a new phase where the commercial side of the company will need dedicated focus under a new chairman.

"As my former role as executive chairman has now been split to pave the way for a new future for the club, I am more than happy to assist the new chairman and board as well as the football management team to get our results back on track."

Dulieu said: "We are delighted that Ray has elected to focus all his energies and considerable football experience as football consultant to help ensure that we retain our Championship status.

"Ray and I have an excellent personal relationship and we very much complement each other in our respective working roles within the club.

"We now move into a new chapter for the club with the first priority being results on the field in line with our objective off the field to achieve financial stability and create a platform upon which to build for the future."

Managerless Coventry, who sacked Aidy Boothroyd a fortnight ago, are 20th in the Championship - just seven points away from danger.

:bbc_sport_logo:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Sky Blues