Coventry City: ‘No Rush’ To Replace Boothroyd

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Coventry City: ‘No Rush’ To Replace Boothroyd

Postby dutchman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:43 am

Coventry City say they’re in no rush to replace outgoing boss Aidy Boothroyd, who was sacked yesterday.

The club’s chairman Ray Ranson’s been speaking after Boothroyd and assistant coach Martin Pert had their contracts terminated.

First team coach Steve Harrison and chief scout Andy Thorn now in temporary charge, possibly until the end of the season if results go well.

Ranson said: “We’re not looking for anyone at the moment – we’re taking stock, and need to get through two important games this week.”

“Steve Harrison’s regarded as one of the top coaches in the country.”

The Sky Blues take on Burnley tonight in the Championship – sitting 19th in the Championship, only having won one league game in 2011.

Lifelong supporter Natalie Cox said: “There seems to be lots of changes happening this year, and if you look at the league table, the atmosphere, the league table – they had to do something.”

“People are tired – they don’t want to renew their season tickets, because there’s no motivation to do so.”

‘Deeply disappointed’

Boothroyd subsequently released a statement through the League Managers Association, saying:

“I am deeply disappointed to be leaving Coventry City and to be the ninth manager dismissed from the club in ten years.”

“Last Christmas I took the club to its highest league position for several years and, since then, we have had to endure a period of injuries and suspensions to seven key players, during which time we have played most of the top teams in the league.”

“However, at the present time nearly all the players are back to full fitness and the squad, along with me and my coaching staff, was together, fully focused and working hard towards a strong finish to the end of the season.”

“It is a shame that I have not been given the chance to take the club back up the league table where we were at the turn of the year.”

:mercia:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Sky Blues